So Kyle had this really great idea how I can get phone to the US while over in Sweden. So you all have to have seen the commercials for Vonage, right? You know the Voice Over Internet Protocal service, that for a monthly fee, let's you use the telephone over your high speed internet access for free telephone in North America and $0.01 a minute to most countries outside North America. My idea was to have my dad sign up for the service so we'd have a cheap, reliable way for him to call me.
But apparently you can sign up for the service and take it anywhere in the world. That's right as long as you have high speed internet access, you can use the phone wherever you are. Just plug the phone in to the router. Kyle's idea was for me to get a local 704 area code phone number and then take the phone over to Sweden. Now when Kyle told me this, I thought that it would probably only work in the US. But the people at Vonage said their service would work anywhere in the world. So I instantly signed up because my dad and I were a little nervous trying to figure out this phone situation.
Now I have a local 704 phone number, and that one less thing off the To Do Before I Move List.
YAY!
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment