Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sweden here I come!

So, today I leave for Sweden. How odd to say that; I can't believe it's finally here. It is such a surreal thing to say to myself. Up until today I've been completely calm about leaving. I've just been enjoying seeing my family and friends while I have the chance. It's been a really nice vacation.

Strike that, it's been an amazing vacation. And honestly, I kinda don't want to leave simply because I've had so much fun here in Charlotte (naturally). But i did catch myself the other thinking how much fun it would be to actually do or even think about science. So I guess it means I need to get back to the real world.

Then came to packing. Ugh. Yeah, I left actually packing my suitcases for the day my plane leaves. Not the smartest thing, I know. But hear me out: 1) My plane doesn't leave until 4:30 pm and 2) Most of belongings were already packed earlier when I moved out of State College. Really all I needed to do was put my clothes back into the suitcases. What I had forgotten was I also needed to make sure those suitcases weighed 50 pounds or less. So I spent almost all of the morning packing the suitcases and the boxes my dad's going to mail to me once I get there and confirm my address. I thought I had laid Pack-rat Nick to rest when I moved out in July, but apparently he still owns a bunch of stuff.

Of well, I got it done, and now I'm here in the airport waiting for the plane. I'll post this (and pictures) as soon as I get internet access. Bon voyage!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: